Rob Ford and Mike Tyson at City Hall in Toronto on Tuesday.
2. Mike Tyson has been hanging out in Toronto, Canada, with incumbent (and often-troubled) Mayor Rob Ford, who is currently running for re-election. Tyson went on Canadian cable channel CP24 Wednesday and talked about his visit.
3. During the interview, reporter Nathan Downer asked Tyson about his criminal past: “There’s a race for mayor, we know you’re a convicted rapist, this could hurt his campaign. Now how do you respond to that?”
Tyson was convicted of rape in 1992.
4. Tyson got pissed.
First, he said that the only person bringing up the rape was Downer: “I don’t know who said that. You’re the only one I heard who said that.”
5. Then, a few seconds later, Tyson said this: “It’s so interesting because you come across as a nice guy but you’re really a piece of shit.” And, then: “Fuck you.”
The outburst came after Tyson initially said he had no comment “because it’s negative, and you’re being negative.”
When Downer pointed out that they were on live TV, Tyson replied that that he didn’t care. “What you going to do about it?” he said.
6. Downer soldiered on, asking Tyson about a show he has scheduled in Toronto.
“Is it nerve racking for you to do something like this, or is it more nervous for you to box?” Downer asked.
Tyson will perform Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth Wednesday night at Toronto’s Air Canada Centre.
7. And Tyson’s answer: “It’s more nerve racking for me to sit here talking to a rat piece of shit like you.”
And, again, a second later: “No because you’re a piece a shit, you really are. Fuck you.”